Citizens On the Ground
Raincity Studios Sino-Away-Squad of Scales and KK, are on the ground in Beijing to cover and participate in the Olympic experience as citizen journalism, technology experts, social pundits and cultural ambassadors.
The Glimmer Twins’ tasks are diverse and their methods varied so here’s a preview:
- participating in the 9th International Symposium on Olympic Studies, in Beijing, August 5-7 with Olympic scholar Dr. Andy Miah’s
- documenting the scene for crowd-sourced new site: Now Public, Vancouver radio station: Crave 95, and BBC Interactive – among other media outlets
- shooting Creative Commons licensed photos delivered via Flickr
- extolling about the new, improved Bryght web community hosting product – available in free, cheap or fancy varieties
- meeting up with prospective clients to extol Raincity Studios’ status as an approved weblog vendor for Vancouver/Whistler 2010
- cheering for Team Canada at the Archery, Fencing, Women’s Softball, BMX and more summer games sports
- spreading international goodwill in the fun-loving/hard-working style they honed whilst at the Torino 2008 Winter Games.
Follow along with their content via your RSS feeder, Facebook or whatever you prefer … or, if you are in Beijing, track Scales/Krug down for a photo walk, meetup, excursion, interview, geekout or just a tasty beverage. Leave a comment to or message via the arsenal of communication funnels at their disposal.
- Now Public – dispatches from Beijing
episode 1: kk and Scales at the 2008 Beijing Olympics!
- Scales’ Beijing tag on Flickr
- Facebook videos (ask Robert to be your friend)
- Youtube videos
- Scales on Daily Vancouver
- Beijing 2008 photoset
- Facebook updates (ask Kris to be your friend)
- Youtube videos
- KK on Daily Vancouver
Chinese Theme and Version
Meanwhile, back in the tubes, … we are playing along with a Chinese
styled blog theme to celebrate the Games – birdsnest and everything.
Also worth reminding you that Raincity Studios’ site is
available in Mandarin for
Chinese readers. Even if you don’t read Chinese, you gotta say the site looks
really cool in kanji .
Also, the new improved Bryght hosting platform is available in Chinese for your international-minded web community hosting projects.
Approved Olympic Weblogs
In case you didn’t happen to know … Raincity Studios is an approved weblog vendor for Vancouver/Whistler 2010:
“Along with the good people at Raincity Studios, Bryght has been successfully passed an RFQ process to provide weblog services to the BC Olympic Games Secretariat.
We want to work with teams, countries, athletes, non-profits, and businesses who are preparing for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games and want to take advantage of emerging internet technologies.
We can help you get online, start blogging, podcasting, posting video, sharing images, building a community and sharing your news and messages with a global audience hungry for information about the 2010 Games.
We’re experts in syndication, aggregation, web development, community development, search, microcontent, blogging, online publishing, Drupal, PHP, CSS, ecommerce, content management and hosting.
We have an experienced network of partner companies who have also been approved as Olympic vendors who we work with to offer comprehensive integrated marketing and communication campaigns from your browser or mobile phone at the front end to the web server at the back end as well as normal, real world marketing and communications.”
Have a Luge team needing a communication platform? Maybe a site to keep athlete’s and families in-touch? An interactive training diary for your entire team? We’d be pleased to help.
No matter your idea, Raincity Studios is ready to deliver a top-notch performance. Contact Raincity Studios to begin the conversation.
Bonus: Archive & Related
- Beijing coverage at Daily Vancouver
- Torino coverage at Daily Vancouver
- Symposium on Web 2.0 and the Future of Sport – Torino 2008
- Coffee talk with Gold Medalist Ross Rebagliati podcast from Symposium in Vancouver 2008
- Vancouver 2010 – Official site for Vancouver/Whistler – Media Centre
- Web Services for International Sporting Events – Bryght
- China Access Eases the Way – Raincity Radio – podcast with Andrew Gilkes of China Access 2008
- Olympic Outsider podcast Blog – iTunes – Feed
- Mobile Muse
- Scales’ at 2010 New Media Day